Saturday, May 30, 2015

Last week's show - clipped.

Hello.
As previously noted, my radio show from last week(May 23rd,) was put into limbo by Soundcloud after their computers decided that I used a track they identified as ""Medley (NBC On Air Studio Recording)" by Fats Waller & His Rhythm, owned by RCA Bluebird". I did open the show with an excerpt form a Fats Waller radio show that had appeared on NBC in 1938 - it had an announcer introducing a Saturday night of 'rhythmic hot-cha' and Fats Waller singing "Hold My Hand" for a total of just under 3 minutes including my opening sound effects. I filed a protest. I have yet to hear word one from Soundcloud. I thought the show went fairy well even though I didn't have enough time to prepare it properly, and I would like those interested to be able to hear it. I have clipped that sequence from the opening. If the show as aired is freed from Soundcloud's seizure vaults (which must rival Jack Benny's), I will post it. This episode of the show celebrated the birthdays of Fats Waller, Rosemary Clooney, and Artie Show. I hope listeners enjoy it. Tonight's show will note today's birthday of Benny Goodman. I hope I'll be able to post that one.

No comments: