Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas Countdown : 05

Jesus Christ. How did it get to be December 20th? I still haven't been able to recapture those few minutes of Christmas spirit. One of the problems has been my lack of vehicular transport. I haven't been able to get out and about and see how folks have been lighting up their homes. One of the reasons I love this time of year is for the sheer outrageous conspicuous vulgarity of things. For instance:



Both of the above have officially been nominated to be in the Griswold collection.
But then there are the displays which just go way over the top:


 




Okay, I've got a tree still waiting for its first decorations.
Before I go, just a few more :






1 comment:

Austan said...

Since I don't get around much anymore, I look for these hilarious displays- though the white trashy stuff makes me ill(a giant penis? Please.)- the youtube shorts of the Dyker Heights lights always cheers and makes me a bit melancholy. Bensonhurst/DH are, to me, the alpha and omega of Chritmas display. Nobody overdoes it like the goombahs. ;)