Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Before going off to work

Another before I go off to work note: Found on the web this morning:



The following would have been posted yesterday, but I just couldn't post it considering the story I was telling. This has got to be one of my favorite headlines of all time. I didn't purchase a copy of the paper back when because I thought the headline pandered to the worst in all of us, and was too far over the top. Now I wish I had it (I still cherish my copy of the New York Times'  "Nixon Resigns" - I kept the whole paper. I used to have the Kennedy assassination, but it went missing over the years, I think my father threw it out.) Anyway, this bizarre story is back in the news because the murderer involved was seeking parole (Charles Dingle's parole was, thankfully, denied.).



Silly observation of the day: doesn't the woman who heads the IMF (International Monetary Fund) look a lot like actress Tilda Swinton (a stevil fave)?



and last, but not least, one of the reasons this country has gotten so fucked up that it actually entertains the notion of Newt Gingrich emerging from his hidey hole and running for president, this from NYC:





1 comment:

Austan said...

That was a classic Post headline week- there was also a big carwreck with the headline, "Schoolgirl killed in 3 car crash" and we put them together to the tune of "Camptown Races". What can I say, it was the heartless 80s and I worked in a restaurant. Thanks for the memories!